Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ring it in, ya fuckers!

So last year wasn't the "best" year ever in my household. Big fucking deal. I've had worse years. WAY worse. (and I mean WAY) Lots of illness, injuries, weird diagnosies (I'm pretty sure that's incorrect spelling) and odd events that made 2008 stressful to myself, my wife, and I'm almost positive, although he wouldn't quite know how to express it, my son.
Here's what I would like to happen for the year 2009: everything. Bring it. Seriously. T and I are just getting better and better at handling whatever you got. Any doubt in the world that anyone who knows me had about the marriage/kids thing can now officially suck it. We got this thing. Oh, I know, things get "more difficult" the older the child gets and one never knows what life will throw at them, but I've been around the block more than once and feel like I can adapt, my wife can adapt, and my son can adapt. Any hardship that has happened to us in the last few years is just a notch on the belt. Seriously. I know that ultimate tragedy could be around the corner at any minute, but I refuse to live in anticipation of that. Instead, I'm taking each lesson from each and everyday and using that as strength (or "strenth") for the next day.
The best part, you ask? I'll tell you the best part. It's knowing that I've survived each test so far. Doesn't mean I've passed, but I've survived. I have so much hope, despite how tough times are for everyone, that my family will prevail. My son is very VERY smart. My wife is the best mother I know (of course full propers go out to my own moms...and that's not the "street" moms, I mean both of my moms) and she is only getting the hang of this thing as she goes! She has more devotion to being a major positive part of our family, and has the HARDEST job I've ever seen. I don't want it, and I wouldn't ever be hired for it if I interviewed.
I'm hopeful that the President we elected will take steps to improve what the last monkey left for him. I'm hopeful that us folks in the world will take a stand against those in power who look down on us and think we're lemmings and not worthy of asking our opinion. I'm hopeful that my Sooners will beat Florida in 5 days and shut the rest of the world the fuck up about whether they deserve to be there or not. I'm hopeful that my son will continue to blossom, but finally start to listen to his parents when they say "no". I'm hopeful that my wife will find time to be creative. I'm hopeful that I will find time to be creative. I'm hopeful that my work situation will start to clear itself up without me doing anything different. I'm hopeful that my parents will be healthy. I'm hopeful that my brother will seek counseling. I'm hopeful that my sister will do the same. I'm hopeful that I will grow my relationship with my nephew. I'm hopeful that I remember to STOP. THINK. AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Man, I think this could be a really cool year.

3 comments:

  1. Let me join you in prayer. Please, please, God, let OK defeat The Gators. Though I do feel badly for all the wife beating that will go on in this bass ackwards town/county/state. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stand on the precipice, wondering what the future holds. Crider looks down that long, dark hallway and says, "Bring it, ya pansy." Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memo to brother: done and doing, actually, Mr. Smarty McSmartpants.

    ReplyDelete